Attracting new entrant corporates and mainstreaming PPAs: The role of technology, aggregation and communication in engaging the supply chain
When: Thursday, 3 October 2019, 9:00 - 10:30
Where: Ballroom I-III (400 participants)
Mainstreaming PPAs will be central to industry’s contribution to a climate neutral European economy. The ambition of the RE-Source Platform is to move from 100s to 100,000s of consumers sourcing renewable energy. Marco Mensink, Director General of CEFIC, will discuss the general framework conditions required for the successful transition of heavy industries towards a climate neutral and circular economy in dialogue with Statkraft’s Executive Vice President Hallvard Granheim.
Following this, the session will focus on highlighting concrete examples and best practices. From large energy intensive sectors to SMEs: the energy transition requires everyone to be on board. So far small and medium sized companies signing PPAs have been largely outside of the spotlight. Successful practices must be shared in order to have more impact. This session will focus on the following questions:
- What are the key levers to translate regulation into action when it comes to mainstreaming PPAs?
- Are aggregation and multi-buyer PPAs viable options for SMEs?
- What are the options to mobilize the use of renewable energy throughout the supply chain?
- How can we speed up the uptake of renewable energy by SMEs?
- What role can technology and standardization play in streamlining corporate procurement and aggregations?
Head of RE100, The Climate Group
Setting the scene
EVP Markets, and Corporate Management member, Statkraft
Director General, CEFIC
Asia & North Africa Liaison Coordinator, EKOenergy