Financing, Bankability and risk mitigation
When: Thursday, 3 October 2019, 11:00 - 12:30
Where: 400 participants
A key player in sealing the deal in corporate sourcing is of course the bank or financier putting up the money for the project. What are they looking for when they look at a corporate PPA? How are they reassured as far as the bankability of the offtaker is concerned – and is aggregation a potential solution? And can PPAs impact the accounting and financial reporting of corporate energy buyers, and how can any adverse impacts be mitigated?
- Financing PPAs with debt and equity: potential pitfalls
- How to mitigate risks around the creditworthiness and bankability of offtakers? The role of credit ratings
- How PPA structures can lead to derivative accounting
- How to account for a PPA under either GAAP or IFRS standards, and how can a PPA change which standard the corporate falls under?
- How to mitigate risks when operating a PPA? The role of the operator
Partner, Bird & Bird
Senior Industry Specialist in Solar Energy Solutions, International Finance Corporation, World Bank
Principal Category Manager Energy Procurement & Technology, Vodafone Group
Head of Origination South West Europe, Statkraft
Head of Green Power, ENGIE Global Markets
Head Of Business Development, Brookfield Renewable UK & Ireland
Managing Director, OutSmart