Metals mining and cement
When: Wednesday, 2 October 2019, 16:00 - 17:30
Onsite renewables have become a trend over the last few years in mining, cement and extractive industries. Wind in Northern Canada, South America, and Mauritania is booming, as well as solar in Africa and Australia. The business case for diesel reduction is often excellent at remote locations. At the same time, metal, mining and cement companies have signed significant PPAs around the world.
This session revolves around:
- An overview with of the main developments in the sector over the last years.
- Power supply challenges in the mining industry today
- On-grid vs off-grid mining operations
- Different business models of corporate sourcing
- Sustainability pressure throughout the supply chain
- The Main barriers to the development of renewables
Managing Director, THEnergy
Chief Operating Officer and director, ICCM