Metals and mining
When: Wednesday, 2 October 2019, 16:00 - 17:30
Where: Griffioen (130 participants)
Onsite renewables have become a trend over the last few years in mining, cement and extractive industries. Wind in Northern Canada, South America, and Mauritania is booming, as well as solar in Africa and Australia. The business case for diesel reduction is often excellent at remote locations. At the same time, metal, mining and cement companies have signed significant PPAs around the world.
This session revolves around:
- How to rely on renewables, if more than 40% of your cost structure are energy induced?
- What is the main driver for sustainability in metals and mining sector?
- On-site vs. off-site renewables, which one to pick for your business?
- What mechanisms and policies are needed to support the sourcing of renewables?
- What are the baseload and related costs of firming variable renewables?
- Future developments: Higher electrification of mines / flexible loads / more transparency in the supply chain
- What do renewable energy providers need do to be successful in the metals and mining segment?
Managing Director, THEnergy